Parenting Observation sessions are not just for parents court ordered to have supervised contact, these sessions are also available for parents who need some support in their day-to-day parenting styles.
However, where parents decide to go their separate ways, aside from manoeuvring their way through the difficult and challenging emotions, there are usually some practical concerns that need to be addressed, including child contact arrangements.
This is where temporary Parenting Observation comes in.
Parenting Observation means that I am present during the time that you spend with your child or children. I observe your interaction and note where your strengths lie, what is working well and what parenting skills need to be tweaked, at times using Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) strategies.
Another aspect of Parenting Observation and one that is often ignored, is that it provides you, the parent court ordered to have supervised contact, with time and space to engage freely with your child without fear of any allegations or charges being made towards you.
I am able to offer parenting observation sessions both in homes and in the community.
What does Parenting Observation involve:
- preparing, supervising and assessing child-focused contact sessions between the child or children and the other parent or significant other
- write up a full report after each visit in a timely fashion
- working with you to enhance your parenting skills if need be, at times using Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- providing you with a final full and thorough report that you may be able to use in court proceedings (extra charge)
Hourly rates are – £85ph on weekdays between 9 and 5pm or £110ph all other times with a minimum of two hours except for solely parenting handover sessions where one hour might suffice depending on distance. The charges include report writing.
Aside from the immense experience in working with children and families that I have amassed over the years, here is additional information (not exhaustive) on my training history:
- MSc from University College London (UCL) in Psychoanalytic Developmental Psychology
- BSc (Hons) from The Open University – Focusing on Child Development
- Designated Safeguarding Officer
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Accredited Positive Parenting Practitioner levels 3 and 4 (Triple P)
- Family Mediation Training
- Certification as Trauma and Loss Consultant for Children and Adults