When parents decide to go their separate ways, aside from manoeuvring their way through the difficult and challenging emotions, there are usually some practical concerns that need to be addressed, including child contact arrangements.
This is where temporary Supervised Parenting Contact comes in.
This type of contact helps ensure that your child remains in regular contact with both parents as well as making certain that your child’s physical and emotional wellbeing is tended too.
Another aspect of Supervised Contact that is often ignored, is that it provides you, the parent in this position, with time and space to engage freely with your child without fear of any allegations or charges being made towards you.
I am able to offer supervised contact both in homes and in the community.
Supervised Parenting Contact involves:
- preparing, supervising and assessing child-focused contact sessions between the child or children and the other parent or significant other
- write up a full report after each visit in a timely fashion
- working with you to enhance your parenting skills if need be
- providing you with a final full and thorough report that you may be able to use in court proceedings
Hourly rates are – £50ph on weekdays between 9 and 5pm or £85ph all other times with a minimum of two hours except for solely parenting handover sessions where one hour might suffice depending on distance. The charges include report writing.
Aside from the immense experience in working with children and families that I have amassed over the years, here is additional information (not exhaustive) on my training history:
- MSc from University College London (UCL) in Psychoanalytic Developmental Psychology
- BSc (Hons) from The Open University – Focusing on Child Development
- Designated Safeguarding Officer
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Accredited Positive Parenting Practitioner levels 3 and 4
- Family Mediation Training
- Certification as Trauma and Loss Consultant for Children and Adults